Near Northwest Management District unveiled newly installed METRO bus shelters along West Little York, and highlights the safety and multimodal upgrades.

The project will have a positive impact to increase pedestrian safety, improve access to the White Oak Bayou trail, and established the extended service for METRO Langfield Route 03.

Plans for improvements began in 2015 as part of a federal Capital Improvement Plan and construction completed June 2022.  NNMD paid 20 percent of the cost, while federal funds from the Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC) and Federal Transit Administration covered the remaining 80 percent.

 METRO Celebrates New Stops & New Sidewalks on W. Little York - YouTube